This week Katie, Abby and Sam discuss what the limitations on our authority as parents are as outlined from a Biblical worldview.
- the right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience.
“he had absolute authority over his subordinates”
- a person or organization having political or administrative control.
“health authorities issued a worldwide alert”
These are responsibilities revealed in creation that Scripture assumes:
• To provide for and protect them (2 Cor. 12:14-15, 1 Tim. 5:8, Is. 49:15,)
• To care for their overall well-being – Matt. 7:9-11
And for the Christian parent specifically, the duties outlined are:
• To teach and instruct the word of God (Prov. 1:8-9, Deut. 6:6-9, 2 Tim 3:14-16)
• To pass on our knowledge of God and His works; from scripture and from our own lives (Ps. 78:1-7)
• To discipline them [nurture and admonition] in the gospel/Lord (Prov. 13:24, Heb. 12:7-11, Eph 6:4)
• To set an example of faith and godly character (Titus 2:2-8)
• To not hinder their walk with Jesus (Matt. 19:11)